International Summer School on Technologies and Signal Processing in Perinatal Medicine - TSPPM-2018 July 2-6, 2018 - Sardinia Scientific and Technological Park, Pula (CA), Sardinia, Italy
29 Avril 2018
Catégorie : Ecole thématique
International Summer School on Technologies and Signal Processing in Perinatal Medicine - TSPPM-2018
July 2-6, 2018 - Sardinia Scientific and Technological Park, Pula (CA), Sardinia, Italy
The International Summer School on Technologies and Signal Processing in Perinatal Medicine aims to present the issues inherent in the technologies applied to perinatal medicine, specifically intending the period from the third trimester of pregnancy up to one month after birth. Why this choice? Because pregnancy is a critical time for the health of the mother and the fetus, with important risks for both. Starting from the clinical aspects, the necessary diagnostic tools will be identified according to current clinical standards and explaining the operating principle, signal acquisition techniques, signal processing algorithms for the extraction and analysis of information of interest, including automatic interpretation. In spite of the specificity of the school?s theme, many of the techniques of analysis of the signals shown also adapt to other contexts, thus allowing the students to acquire skills of general use in the biomedical field.
Students could present a short abstract and a poster. Best poster award will be assigned. A final exam (optional) will be setup for the students needing it in order to obtain credits.
SPONSORS AND PATRONS:
- Sardegna Ricerche
- Regione Autonoma della Sardegna
- GNB - Gruppo Nazionale di Bioingegneria
- IEEE EMB Italy Chapter
- IEEE Sensors Council Italy Chapter
- Application deadline * May 1, 2018
- Notification of acceptance May 5, 2018
- Guaranteed discounted accommodation booking deadline May 10, 2018
- Abstract submission deadline (1 page) June 1, 2018
- Registration fee payment May 20, 2018
* After the application deadline, we cannot ensure the possibility to attend the school if the limited seats available have been already assigned. In any case, if you?re interested, please contact in any case the organizer in order to know if it is still possible to apply.
Compile the on-line form. A limited number of 25 seats is available.
The Summer School registration fee is limited to 80 Euros. Registration includes access to the five full-days of the school, all lunches, coffee-breaks, welcome event and the two evening social events. Furthermore, a small book including the lectures abstract, students? abstracts with picture and short bio.
Travel, accommodation, extra social activities and dinners not included should be covered by the students. Special accommodation prices in the University of Cagliari Guesthouse have been negotiated (http://sites.ieee.org/tsppm-2018/) or contact the school organizer Dr. Danilo Pani (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please help us distributing this call for participation to your contacts. Hoping to see you in Sardinia!