Faculty position (Associate professor) at Telecom ParisTech on Deep learning applied to temporal data analysis.
Telecom ParisTech’s machine learning, statistics and signal processing group (a.k.a S2A group), within the laboratoire de traitement et communication de l’information (LTCI), is inviting applications for a permanent (indefinite tenure) faculty position at the *Associate Professor* level (Maitre de Conferences) in *deep learning applied to temporal data analysis*.
- February, 28 th , 2018: closing date
- Mid April: hearings of preselected candidates
The recruit will be expected to:
- Develop groundbreaking research in the field of deep learning, with a special emphasis on structured prediction and interactions with probabilistic graphical models, targeting applications to temporal data analysis that are well aligned with the topics of the S2A group  and the Images, Data & Signals department , which include (and is not restricted to) audio, physiological or video data analysis...
- Develop both academic and industrial collaborations on the same topic, including collaborative activities with other Telecom ParisTech research departments and teams, and research contracts with industrial players
- Set up research grants and take part in national and international collaborative research projects
- Participate in teaching activities at Telecom ParisTech and its partner academic institutions (as part of joint Master programs), especially in machine learning and signal processing, including life-long training programs (e.g. the local Data Scientist certificate) Impact
- Publish high quality research work in leading journals and conferences
- Be an active member of the research community (serving in scientific committees and boards, organizing seminars, workshops, special sessions...)
As a minimum requirement, the successful candidate will have:
- A PhD degree
- A track record of research and publication in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, especially deep learning, signal processing,
- Experience in temporal data analysis problems (sequence prediction, multivariate time series, probabilistic graphical models, recurrent neural networks...)
- Experience in teaching
- Good command of English
The ideal candidate will also (optionally) have:
- Experience in distributed computing environments
The candidate does *not* need to speak French to apply, just to be willing to learn the language (teaching will be mostly given in English).
Other skills expected include:
- Capacity to work in a team and develop good relationships with colleagues and peers
- Good writing and pedagogical skills
More about the position
- Place of work: Paris until 2019, then Saclay (Paris outskirts)
- For more information about being an Associate Professor at Telecom ParisTech, check  (in French)
How to apply
Applications are to be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com. The application should include:
- A complete and detailed curriculum vitae
- A letter of motivation
- A document detailing past activities of the candidate in teaching and research: the two types of activities will be described with the same level of detail and rigor.
- The texts of the main publications
- The names and addresses of two referees
- A short teaching project and a research project (maximum 3 pages)
- Slim Essid (Coordinator of the ADASP team)
- Florence d’Alché-Buc (Professor, Machine Learning)
- Stéphan Clémençon (Head of the S2A group)
- Gaël Richard (Head of the IDS department)