22 novembre 2019
International workshop on large scale land cover mapping
Catégorie : Conférence internationale
The French MAESTRIA project will organize workshops related to large scale land-cover mapping during the 2019-2022 period in order to collect users' expectations, validate choices and identify remaining challenges.
This first one-day meeting will be held on 3rd December 2019 in Paris (France) and its main objective is to gather international land-cover experts which have been working with and generating land-cover maps users for a long time.
The specific goals of this first meeting will be to collect complementary points of view, share recent achievements and identify remaining
The program is now released. The speakers are:
- Peter Strobl (JRC, European Commission): "What is land cover? Thoughts about the abstraction of landscape in a Digital Earth".
- Nandin-Erdene Tsendbazar (Wageningen University & Research, The Nederlands): Statistical validation of large scale land cover maps. Focus on Copernicus Global Land Service-Land Cover products.
- Christophe Sannier (SIRS, France): Operational Land cover / use mapping from local to continental scale
- Christian Hoffmann (Geoville, Austria): Lessons learned from the last 21 years of commercial land monitoring services
- Ruben Van de Kerchove (VITO, Belgium): Global land cover mapping at 10/100m tailored to the user needs
- Pierre Defourny (UC Louvain, Belgium): Lessons learnt from global land cover mapping: achievements, issues and forthcoming challenges
Registration is free and open until 28 November 2019.
Please visit our website for additional information: https://lslc.sciencesconf.org/
Mathieu Fauvel, Jordi Inglada, Arnaud Le Bris & Clement Mallet
(c) GdR 720 ISIS - CNRS - 2011-2019.