Workshop on Machine Learning for Bioacoustics - WBIOAC ICML 2013
6 Avril 2013
Catégorie : Conférence internationale
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Workshop on Machine Learning for Bioacoustics
30th International Conference on Machine Learning WBIOAC ICML 2013
20-21 June 2013, Atlanta
Machine Learning (ML) will become central in biodiversity assessment. This is a highly complex & challenging task, which involves the application of both discriminative & generative approaches.
We are pleased to announce the CFP for the workshop Machine Learning for Bioacoustics under the ICML conference, which is an annual, highly regarded conference in the machine learning community.
The workshop is comprised of:
- A regular paper submission regarding common bioacoustic classification topics.
- A technical challenge on avian and/or marine mammal data, including a prize for the winners!
- Regular paper deadline: 4/30
- Author notification: 5/10
- Technical Challenge deadline: 5/15
- Publication of results: 5/22
- Submission of working notes: 5/30
Keynote speakers will provide informative presentations regarding state of the art methodologies in both the bioacoustic and machine learning fields.
The workshop organizers are:
- Pr. Y. LeCun - Computational and Biological Learning Lab at New York University, USA
- Pr. C. Clark - Director of Bioacoustics Research Program at Cornell University, NY, USA
- Pr. H. Glotin - Institut Universitaire de France, CNRS LSIS and USTV, FR
- Dr. X. Halkias - CNRS LSIS and USTV, FR
- Dr. Peter Dugan - Cornell University, NY, USA
- Dr. Jérôme Sueur, - Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle, Paris, FR
For additional information please visit the website or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org