Workshop "High-dimensional Stochastic Simulation and Optimisation in Image Processing", 27-29 August 2014, University of Bristol, UK
24 Mars 2014
Catégorie : Conférence internationale
High-dimensional Stochastic Simulation and Optimisation in Image Processing" will take place on August 27-29, 2014 at the University of Bristol, UK. For further information and future updates please visit http://www.sustain.bris.ac.uk/ws-image-processing/.
Call for contributed talks and poster presentations: if you would like to present your work at the workshop please send a title and brief abstract by using this form. The submission deadline is 30 May 2014. Some financial assistance for travel expenses is available and early-career researchers will be given priority.
- Title: High-dimensional Stochastic Simulation and Optimisation in Image Processing
- Dates: 27 - 29 August 2014
- Venue: University of Bristol, United Kingdom
- Webpage: http://www.sustain.bris.ac.uk/ws-image-processing/
This research workshop on stochastic simulation and optimisation in image processing will bring together world-leading scientists on computational statistics, optimisation and statistical image processing to discuss the theoretical and methodological challenges facing modern statistical image processing, with a particular focus on ill-posed inverse problems that are high-dimensional, have unknown parameters or involve intractable statistical models. The aim is to promote transferral of ideas and methodologies and identify opportunities for synergy between these important areas, in particular through the integration of stochastic simulation and modern optimisation.
Please see the workshop website (http://www.sustain.bris.ac.uk/ws-image-processing/) for information about the meeting's scientific programme, travel to Bristol, accommodation, etc.
- Prof. Christophe Andrieu, University of Bristol
- Prof. José Bioucas-Dias, Technical University of Lisbon
- Prof. Mario Figueiredo, Technical University of Lisbon
- Prof. Florence Forbes, INRIA Alpes
- Prof. Jean-François Giovannelli, University of Bordeaux
- Prof. Steve McLaughlin, Heriot Watt University
- Prof. Rafael Molina, University of Granada
- Prof. Jean-Christophe Pesquet, University of Paris-Est
- Prof. Christian Robert, University of Paris-Dauphine
- Prof. Jean-Yves Tourneret, University of Toulouse
- Prof. Michael Unser, EPFL
Call for contributed talks and poster presentations:
If you would like to present your work at the workshop please send a title and brief abstract by using this form. The submission deadline is 30 May 2014. Some financial assistance for travel expenses is available and early-career researchers will be given priority.
The scope of the workshop includes basic theory and methods and algorithms, and applications in the following areas:
- Theory, methods and algorithms
- Stochastic simulation for high-dimensional and image processing (IP) statistical models.
- Recent advances in convex optimisation methods for IP.
- Variational methods for statistical inference in IP.
- Computational methods for intractable models (e.g., pseudo-marginal MCMC, likelihood-free methods, stochastic gradient MCMC, etc.).
- General IP methodology for high-dimensional inverse problems with uknown parameters (e.g., blind, semi-blind, unsupervised problems).
- Application Areas
- Modelling and methodology for remote sensing applications
- Modelling and methodology for medical and biological applications