3rd International Workshop on Next Generation Green Wireless Networks
28 Août 2014
Catégorie : Conférence internationale
The registration of Next-GWiN 2014 (3rd International Workshop on Next Generation Green Wireless Networks, http://www.next-gwin.org/) is still open.
Targeting at the world-widely booming research initiatives & activities on future communications & networks (5G), we believe environmental-friendly, sustainable ICT (green ICT including green communications) would play an ever-growing significant role from now on.
Particularly, this year, Next-GWiN 2014 is highlighted by the following extraordinary merits and features, namely:
- Due to the nature of “Invitation-only”, globally well-recognized core-leaders from the government, industry and academic communities around the world, have been invited to give Keynote as well as Invited Speeches, which specifically include:
- The European Commission scientific leader, Dr. Bernard Barani, will give a holistic view on how the European “Horizon 2020” program will define and coin the “landscape” of future ICT innovation and evolution.
- industrial key-leaders from Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson, and Bell Labs (GreenTouch Consortium), i.e., Dr. Didier Bourse, Dr. Afif Osseiran, and Dr. Thierry Klein, will explain and discuss how the 5G technologies (e.g. European 5G PPP), energy challenges and future ICT can deeply interact with each other.
- From the angles of research, up to 16 academic/technical leaders, i.e., Prof. Luis Muñoz, Prof. Hanna Bogucka, Prof. Luiz DaSilva, Prof. Mérouane Debbah, Prof. Eryk Dutkiewicz, Prof. Damien Ernst, Prof. David Grace, Prof. Aawatif Hayar, Mr. Erik Luther, Prof. Michela Meo, Dr. Alain AM Mourad, Dr. Christine Morin, Prof. Loutfi Nuaymi, Prof. Sofie Pollin, Dr. Sumei Sun, and Prof. Honggang Zhang, will give various talks covering full-span expertise backgrounds with sufficient diversities/depth, respectively.
- A top-level delegate with around 18 members from the well-known Chinese Basic Research Program (973 Program) will jointly hold a Special Session, focusing on the next-generation reconfigurable networking and SDN (Software-Defined Networks) for greener ICT.
- In order to enjoy the famous sunny “atmosphere” in Bretagne of France, a social dinner/dancing under the sunset at the prestigious French castle Château d'Apigné (http://www.chateau-apigne.fr/dossiers/dossiers.php?val=109_accueil-gb) and a touring to Mont Saint-Michel (UNESCO World Heritage Site, http://www.ot-montsaintmichel.com/index.htm?lang=en) have been scheduled.
- Thanks to the generous sponsoring from local government, industry and national funding, junior researchers (especially students) are STRONGLY encouraged to participate this event with very lower registration payment, talking with the key-leaders as well as sharing their ideas and visions for future.
More importantly, we would like to strengthen that this Next-GWiN 2014 could also be considered as an “Autumn School”, which is very suitable for junior researchers from around the world.
Especially, in order to encourage various Ph.D students, Master students and Engineering students to get valuable training from this “Autumn School”, we want to point out that for all students attending this event they could get 2 ECTS credits.
"European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) is an international standard for comparing the study attainment and performance of students of higher education across the European Union and other collaborating European countries. Two (2) ECTS credits will be awarded by this event’s organizer (i.e., SUPELEC, France) to students provided that they actually attended this event (they will need to sign the attendance list provided by the SUPELEC organization on every day).
In order to receive the 2 ECTS credits, besides the everyday attendance, each student have to pass a test. The test consist in writing a report (at least 4 pages including your Name and Surname and your institution information) where he/she expose his/her synthesis on topics presented during the School/Workshop days (you can focus your report on selected topics) and explain how it can help you in your own research by exposing some potential new contributions. This report must be submitted to the event organizers within 7 working days after the event".
Finally, please be kindly reminded that the registration is open until 26 September 2014!
See you at the Next-GWiN 2014!
Chairs of the Workshop: