LP-EMS15 Workshop on Design of Low Power Embedded Multimedia Systems
5 Janvier 2015
Catégorie : Conférence internationale
Colocated with Computing Frontiers 2015 – Ischia, Italy
Monday, 18th May 2015
Aim and Scope
Digital Media Technologies (DMTs) constitute one of the widest and most important research areas in the ICT domain. Digital technologies fostered the design of complex systems for creation, fruition and sharing of audio/video/image contents pervading consumer electronics. A key challenge in this domain regards the possibility of implementing real-time high-performance multimedia systems minimizing, contemporarily, their power consumption.
Complexity on algorithmic side and heterogeneity on processing platform side, are normally colliding system constraints. It is necessary to close the gap between efficient processing and optimal hardware support by adopting smart hardware-software co-design solutions and flexible design frameworks.
In this perspective, dataflow-streaming based system models are naturally capable of capturing domain-specific knowledge into formal abstract system specifications capable of exposing the intrinsic potential parallelism of the algorithms. Such representations result very appropriate to model and explore the design space of DMTs applications.
Possible TopicsEnergy-efficient multimedia systems
- Algorithm level optimization, low-complexity algorithm
- MPEG Green Metadata
- Parallel/high throughput processing techniques for multimedia processing
- Dynamic voltage frequency scaling, dynamic power management
- High-level synthesis
- Early stage high-level dataflow-based design space exploration, with special emphasis on power estimations and power minimization methodologies
- HW/SW co-design Design and signal/image processing case studies implementations from dataflow models
- Paper Submission Deadline: Monday February 2, 2015
- Author Notification: Friday March 6, 2015
- Camera-Ready Papers Due: Friday March 20, 2015
Maxime Pelcat, INSA de Rennes, IETR, email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Daniel Menard, INSA de Rennes, IETR, email:email@example.com
Francesca Palumbo, Università degli Studi di Sassari, PolComIng, email:firstname.lastname@example.org