ERMITES 2015 summer school
13 Février 2015
Catégorie : Ecole thématique
BIG DATA SCIENCES for BIOACOUSTIC ENVIRONMENTAL SURVEY
21 & 22 April 2015, Toulon, Provence, France, http://glotin.univ-tln.fr/ERMITES15
ERMITES brings together leading researchers to gain deeper insight into current research trends in scaled bioacoustic information retrieval, in series of long talks, during which attendees are invited to interact. The target audience ranges from graduates / PhDs, post-doctorals, to academic or industrial researchers. Participant can present research (poster or oral), to be published in the proceedings. Participants is limited to 50 persons (first come first served policy).
- P. Flandrin, Research Director, Académie des Sciences, ENS de Lyon, 'A time-frequency perspective on biosonar signals'
- V. Lostanlen, Dpt. of Computer Science, ENS de Paris, 'Multivariate scattering for bioacoustic similarity retrieval'
- H. Glotin, Pr. Univ. Toulon, Inst. Univ France (IUF), with J. Razik & S. Paris, 'Methods for communicative sounds mining: large scale bird & whale songs classification'
- A. Joly, Researcher, INRIA Montpellier, 'Towards multimodal environmental data indexing (crowd-sourced audiovisual contents in LifeCLEF)'
B) Research on the field / industrial applications
- G. Pavan, Pr. Univ. of Pavia, 'Long term bioacoustic and ecological analysis of marine & terrestrial soundscapes joint to noise monitoring'
- C. Gervaise, Researcher, GIPSA Lab, Grenoble, 'Biophonics and 3D transect for the classification of marine biotopes'
- D. Mauuary PhD, PDG Cyberio SA, 'Real-time tracking of chiroptera and Crowdsourcing : My City my Bats Project'
- G. Pavan, H. Glotin, D. Mauuary, C. Gervaise, 'From individual sounds to soundscape analysis. Demonstration of hardware and software tools'
ERMITES15 focuses on bioacoustic pattern detection & classification, at low signal to noise ratio and large scale. The objectives are (a) to make the signal representation more robust, (b) to develop more efficient classification of the complex bioacoustic patterns (CNN...), (c) to collect and manage Big Bioacoustic Data to better model the targets.
Illustrations of the methods are given from cetaceans to birds songs, bats to dolphins... Biodiversity analysis and environmental care projects are direct outcomes of these researches. A special session presents software and hardware demonstrations under monitoring scenarios.
Final registration (payment) until 20th March.
If you aim to submit a paper: abstract before 15th March, final paper due to 5th April.
Registration fees are only 80 euros per person, including 2 meals, coffee breaks, and proceedings (additional 20 euros for the gala dinner).
ERMITES is accommodated by Univ. Toulon easy to reach by TGV or plane (nearby airports: Hyères-Toulon, Marseilles, Nice).
ERMITES is supported by UTLN and SABIOD MASTODONS CNRS project