Open-source release of the Topology ToolKit
1 Avril 2017
Catégorie : Logiciel
We are excited to announce the release of the Topology Tool Kit (TTK), an open-source library and software collection for topological data analysis in scientific visualization:
TTK can handle scalar data defined either on regular grids or triangulations, either in 2D or in 3D. It provides a substantial collection of generic, efficient and robust implementations of key algorithms in topological data analysis. It includes:
- For scalar data: critical points, integral lines, persistence diagrams, persistence curves, merge trees, contour trees, Morse-Smale complexes, topological simplification;
- For bivariate scalar data: fibers, fiber surfaces, continuous scatterplots, Jacobi sets, Reeb spaces;
- For uncertain scalar data: mandatory critical points;
- and more!
If you need to robustly analyze your acquired or simulated scientific data, you may want to use TTK.
* Check out our gallery page to see visualizations we obtained with TTK: https://topology-tool-kit.github.io/gallery.html
TTK makes topological data analysis accessible to end users thanks to easy-to-use plugins for the visualization front end ParaView. Thanks to ParaView, TTK supports a variety of input data formats.
* Check out our video tutorials to see TTK in action: https://topology-tool-kit.github.io/tutorials.html
TTK is written in C++ but comes with a variety of bindings (VTK/C++, Python) and standalone command-line programs. It is modular and easy to extend. We have specifically developed it such that you can easily write your own data analysis tools as TTK modules.
* Check out our developer documentation: https://topology-tool-kit.github.io/documentation.html
TTK is open-source (BSD license). You can use it at your convenience, for open-source or proprietary projects. You are also welcome to contribute.
* Check out our contribution page: https://topology-tool-kit.github.io/contribute.html
If you have questions, need support regarding the usage of TTK, or just want to provide feedback, thanks for sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you'll enjoy TTK!
Dr Julien Tierny
Sorbonne Universites UPMC - LIP6