ISMAR 2017 - Call for workshops
6 Avril 2017
Catégorie : Conférence internationale
ISMAR 2017 - Call for workshops - deadline April 24th, 2017
ISMAR 2017 - CALL FOR WORKSHOP
The ISMAR 2017 organizing committee invites proposals for workshops to be held in the ISMAR 2017 main conference. The workshops will be held on 9th and 13th October 2017, in Nantes, France.
The purpose of the workshops is to provide participants with the opportunity to present and discuss research ideas on cutting-edge research topics related to Augmented, Mixed, and Virtual Reality as Science & Technology and Arts, Media, & Humanities. We encourage researchers from different academic communities as well as from industry and public institutions to bring together and to collaborate and discuss with each other about possible future topics and trends.
The scope of the proposals should be consistent with the main conference topics. Please visit the conference webpage: http://ismar17.org/
- Workshops Proposal Deadline: April 24th, 2017
- Workshops Acceptance Notification: May 2nd, 2017.
- Deadline Workshops Papers: July 3rd, 2017
- Notification Workshops Papers: August 7th, 2017
- Workshops Papers Camera Ready Deadline: August 28th, 2017
- Workshops Dates: Oct 9th and 13th, 2017.
ISMAR workshops provide a platform for presentations of novel work, work in progress and position papers. ISMAR workshops may also serve as a platform to actively experience the insights of a variety of pervasive computing topics in seminars. Since seminars aim for a maximum of interactivity, we ask organizers of seminars to focus on proposals of how to involve attendances. This can be for example, by organizing hands-on sessions or pro-contra discussions of reading lists. Workshops may also be organized as a combination of both, resulting in seminars with presentations of novel work, work in progress or position statements.
Workshop organizers can choose one out of two options regarding the publication. (1) The workshop's papers will be published in ISMAR 2017 adjunct Proceedings and IEEE Xplore. OR (2) The workshop's papers will not be published but included in the supplemental material folder of the ISMAR 2017 USB memory proceedings.
Submission Guidelines for Workshop Proposals
Inquiries for workshop submissions can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "ISMAR 2017 workshop proposal" and a PDF document containing:
- Title of workshop.
- Preferable date for the workshop: 9/13/no preference.
- Theme and topics of interest:
- Brief description of research issues that the workshop will address.
- Reasons why the workshop is of interest to the conference participants.
- Reasons why the workshop is timely and relevant for ISMAR 2017.
- Format of the workshop (including a rudimentary agenda).
- Interest to get the paper published.
- Preliminary Call for Papers.
- Research interest.
- Short bio.
- Potential program committee members.
- Audience: approximate expected number of participants and submissions (range).
After sending your proposal to the aforementioned email address, you should receive an acknowledgment of receipt. Workshop proposal will be reviewed by the committee, and notifications of acceptance will be sent out after the review period.
Organizers are expected to be proactive in the field where they propose a workshop. Potential workshop organizers should also note that at least one workshop organizer is required to attend those workshops they are organizing. Any change to the workshop organization team must be submitted in writing at least two weeks prior to the workshop paper deadline. No changes to the workshop organization team can be made after this date to ensure that potential participants submitting papers to workshops are aware of the final organization team.
ISMAR 2017 Workshop and Tutorial Chairs: email@example.com
- Gerd Bruder, University of Central Florida, USA
- Myriam Servières, Ecole Centrale de Nantes, France
- Maki Sugimoto, Keio University, Japan