Entropy 2018: From Physics to Information sciences
5 Janvier 2018
Catégorie : Conférence internationale
14-16 May, 2018, Barcelona, Spain
One of the most frequently used scientific words, is the word “Entropy”. The reason is that it is related to two main scientific domains: physics and information theory. Its origin goes back to the start of physics (thermodynamics), but since Shannon, it has become related to information theory.
Contact: Ali Mohammad-Djafari, email@example.com
This conference is an opportunity to bring researchers of these two communities together and create a synergy. The main topics and sessions of the conference cover:
- Physics: classical thermodynamics and quantum
- Statistical physics and Bayesian computation
- Geometrical science of information, topology and metrics
- Maximum entropy principle and inference
- Kullback and Bayes or information theory and Bayesian inference
- Entropy in action (applications)
The inter-disciplinary nature of contributions from both theoretical and applied perspectives are very welcome, including papers addressing conceptual and methodological developments, as well as new applications of entropy and information theory.