2nd Summer School on Document Analysis: Traditional Approaches and New Trends
10 Avril 2018
Catégorie : Ecole thématique
(Endorsed by TC10 and TC11)
Dates: July 2-6, 2018
Location: La Rochelle, France
Organised by: L3i Laboratory
We are pleased to announce that the 2nd TC10/TC11 Summer School on Document Analysis and Recognition, endorsed by IAPR TC-10 (Technical Committee on Graphics Recognition) and IAPR TC-11 (Reading Systems) will be held at the University of La Rochelle (France) from July 2nd to 6th, 2018.
This summer school will offer to the new students in the field of DAR (Document Analysis and Recognition) an overview of all the traditional approaches to process and analyse documents on the one hand, and a necessary overview of new trends in the field (such as deep learning, human document interaction, forensics, …).
To reach this objective, lecturers will present classical approaches from the field and specific dedicated classes related to new trends and their point of view of the future of DAR. All the lectures and all the events will be in English
SSDA 2018 will continue the tradition of the past summer school held in Jaipur (India) in 2017.
The school will address the following topics:
- Content representation and manipulation
- Document indexing/retrieval in large corpus of documents
- Machine learning for document analysis and understanding
- Review of OCR methods and handwriting recognition techniques
- Historical documents and new challenges
- Human document interactions
- Text and graphics recognition in a complex environment
There will also be talks from industrial experts.
- Registration open: 15 April 2018
- Application for financial assistance before 10 May 2018
- Early registration: 30 May 2018
- Registration close: 15 June 2018