PR4BioImaging2020 special session (Pattern Recognition for Biomedical Quantitative Imaging 2020)
17 Novembre 2019
Catégorie : Conférence internationale
we cordially invite you to submit a paper to our special session PR4BioImaging2020 to be organized within ICPRAI 2020 conference (https://users.encs.concordia.ca/~icprai20/).
You will find ine the next section the description of this event and how to submit your paper.
Please note that the deadline is Dec. 15 2019.
on behalf of the chairs of PR4BioImaging2020,
About ICPRAI 2020 conference:
Following the success of the First ICPRAI (http://www.icprai2018.com), in Montreal, Canada, CENPARMI (Centre for Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence) of Concordia University will organize a second ICPRAI in 2020 in Zhongshan, China (with direct transportation, linking the airport in Hong Kong) in collaboration with its scientific and cultural communities. Zhongshan is a hub in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macau Greater Bay Area. It is the hometown of great historical figure Dr. Sun Yat-Sen, and has emerged as a beautiful city of innovation and vitality. Hosted in Zhongshan City, ICPRAI 2020 is organized by CENPARMI and journal editors/scientists.
More details on https://users.encs.concordia.ca/~icprai20/
- Submission deadline: December, 15 2019
- Reviews: January, 15 2020
- Notification of acceptance/rejection: January, 25 2020
- Special session, during ICPRAI: May, 12-15 2020
Pattern recognition (PR) plays a key role for developing quantitative monitoring from biomedical image data. Its goal is to extract meaningful components from images in order to determine hereafter higher level information. This can in turn be utilized for a better decision making in a wide range of biomedical applications where quantification is crucial, e.g. for correct and early diagnosis, semi-automated and automated surgery planning, minimally invasive interventional radiology, etc. In this field, various techniques are developed, such as segmentation, registration, fusion, classification, etc. The most modern approaches dealing with PR employ deep learning, i.e. the development of neural networking architectures and adapted tensor-based operators for learning and predicting target knowledge from image samples.
The goal of the PR4BioImaging2020 special session (Pattern Recognition for Biomedical Quantitative Imaging 2020) is to promote the most recent and pertinent advances in this field by inviting highly reputed researchers for keynotes, and selecting articles by the reviewing process of ICPRAI 2020 (presented as orals or posters).
The topics of the PR4BioImaging2020 special session are, without being exhaustive:
- Biomedical image analysis and processing: Image enhancement, segmentation, registration, classification, etc.
- Machine and deep learning for biomedical image data.
- Quantitative biomedical imaging: Computer Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Ultrasound, etc.
Special session chairs:
- Antoine Vacavant, Institut Pascal, Université Clermont Auvergne, France
- Robin Strand, Dept. of Information Technology, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Punam K Saha, University of Iowa, USA
- Yan Xu, School of Biological Science and Medical Engineering, Beihang University, China
- KC Santosh, University of South Dakota, USA
Antoine Vacavant, firstname.lastname@example.org
The submission of papers to the special session is organized with Easychair and according to the global conference. As proceedings will be published in a Springer LNCS (Lecture Notes in Computer Science) volume, articles must respect the Springer template for conference papers.
- Please visit "Submission guidelines" in the website https://users.encs.concordia.ca/~icprai20/ for more information.
- To submit your paper, please select "PR4BioImaging2020" session in the Easychair submission form (as track) at https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icprai2020