Open Master/Engineering internship Position on “High resolution radio-light 3D Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM)“
18 Janvier 2022
Catégorie : Stagiaire
Open Master/Engineering internship Position on
“High resolution radio-light 3D Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM)“
A project supported by the European H2020 Research project: 6G BRAINS
Starting date: February 2022 (Negotiable if necessary) for 6 months
Description: With the development of technologies, people’s expectations of services are becoming increasingly demanding. Many machine learning (ML)-based methods are increasingly used in different research fields to improve the quality and efficiency of services. The increasing amount of data and the development of artificial intelligence algorithms have improved the services provided to customers in shopping malls. Most new services (shop evaluation, shop product recommendation, shop discount summary, shop peripheral services, etc.) in such complex indoor environments are based on customers’ precise positioning and customers’ autonomous navigation. To guarantee satisfying services to customers, we have to know the map that completely covers the shopping mall.
In this context, we propose to develop a SLAM based-ML algorithm to construct a map of a previously unknown environment or update /revise a map of a previously known environment. For this, we use information provided by customers’ mobile terminals from visible light sources completely covering the mall using different signal measurements (TDOA, AoA, RSSI, etc.). The proposed algorithm can be tested on real data collected at ISEP issued from different existing platforms and we can also use an autonomous robot to collect data used for SLAM. To prove the validity of the proposed model, we also crosscheck our algorithm with a variety of ML algorithms. After Matlab / Python simulations, the candidate will build experimental equipment using a raspberry pi to measure and evaluate the performance.
Who should apply: This internship has a minimum 6 months duration beginning in February 2022. Internships will be awarded on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply early. Applicants are expected to be outstanding master’s students intending to enroll in a PhD program at the conclusion of the internship.
- A master's student in computer science, or related field (exceptional undergraduates will also be considered).
- Sufficient knowledge in the field of AI and machine learning.
- Sufficient research skills and background in your chosen subject area.
- Strong communication skills and teamwork experience.
- Passion for solving real world problems using and inventing state of the art Machine Learning algorithms.
- Experience building systems based on machine learning and/or deep learning methods.
- Research experience demonstrated via an internship, work experience, or coding competitions.
- Knowledge in Python and/or Matlab.
- Good level in oral and writing English (French optional).
- You will work in multidisciplinary environment.
- You will be part of an international team .
- You will Influence progress of relevant research communities by producing publications.
- You will work on a European project (6GBrains: https://6g-brains.eu/).
- You will have access to state-of-the-art testbed implemented at ISEP.
- Upon completion of the internship and based on the results, you will be offered a 3 years grant to pursue a PhD at ISEP.
Application procedure: Applications should include the following elements: 1) a detailed CV, 2) Two academic references, 3) a one-page Motivation Letter.
All applications must be submitted directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. For applications, the subject of your email should be “Application for SLAM internship”.
Closing date: 11:59 pm 20th January 2022 (GMT+1 Time Zone)
Interviews will be conducted by videoconference between 22-25 January 2022