Research Engineer or Postdoc on Human Posture Perception for HRI at LIRMM Montpellier, France
24 Mars 2022
Catégorie : Ingénieur
Research Engineer or Postdoc on Human Posture Perception for HRI at LIRMM Montpellier, France (12 months + possible extension)
In the context of our EU project H2020 SOPHIA (2020-2024), we are looking for a highly motivated researcher to conduct studies on vision-based estimation of human posture for Human-Robot Interaction.
The selected candidate will work at LIRMM, a cutting edge laboratory of Robotics located in vibrant and sunny Montpellier.
LIRMM will adapt the salary to the applicant’s qualification (Master or PhD diploma)
The position is available ASAP
Contribute to a vision-based estimator (software library) of the human state.
This library should estimate the complete human posture, including limb poses and hand gestures.
The framework must operate at a frame rate that is sufficiently high for robot control.
It should rely on RGB-D sensing as well as (if needed) on other sensing modalities (e.g. force - when interacting with the robot).
- Master and/or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Signal Processing, Robotics
- excellent programming skills in C++/Linux (if possible for real-time application)
- good knowledge of signal processing: synthesis of observers (Kalman, etc.), noise filtering
- excellent analytical skills & critical thinking
- very good English skills, written and spoken
- above average team & communication skills
Not required but beneficial: hands-on experience with robotic platforms, robotic software frameworks, and sensors
Interested candidates should submit the following by email before the 30th April 2022 in a single PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Curriculum vitae with 2 references (recommendation letters are also welcome)
2. One-page summary of research background and interests
3. Papers or projects demonstrating expertise in the areas mentioned above
4. Doctoral dissertation abstract and expected date of graduation (for those who are currently pursuing a Ph.D)
Perspective doctors are also welcome to apply, since the position may be filled at latest in September 2022.
Full Professor - PU
Head of the IDH Group
Responsable Master Robotique
LIRMM / Université de Montpellier