Data Science & Artificial Intelligence Research Scientist
18 Juillet 2022
Catégorie : Ingénieur
Data Science & Artificial Intelligence Research Scientist M/F
Information Systems, Research Innovation&Developpt
PALAISEAU-ROUTE DE SACLAY(FRA)
To succeed in adding electricity and renewable energies, TotalEnergies created a new entity, OneTech, which combines all the corporate departments related to technical issues or R&D at our different segments (Exploration & Production, Refining & Chemical, Marketing & Services and Gas, Renewables & Power). With a 3,400-strong workforce, OneTech will be split into three hubs: an Industrial Hub supporting the Company’s expansion in gas, renewables, electricity and carbon emissions reduction, a Research & Development Hub will pool all of TotalEnergies’ research activities to anticipate the Company’s transformation, by giving priority to the low-carbon mix and a Support Hub.
By integrating all the Company's technical and R&D expertise in a single entity, One Tech becomes one of the pillars of TotalEnergies’ transformation into a multi energy company.
To bring an AI research expertise to the existing team, we are looking for a Data Science & Artificial Intelligence Research Scientist M/F.
The incumbent will work on AI subjects linked to reinforcement learning for industrial applications, applied to renewable energies in line with the Company's strategy.
His/Her responsibilities are as followed:
- Conduct cutting-edge research to design and develop statistical and machine-learning algorithms for serving our company strategy with emphasize
- Federate and cross-fertilize Reinforcement Learning activities in OneTech branch.
- Coordinate or participate in existing or future R&D collaborations with academics or industrial companies.
- Propose internship projects, participate in intern selection, and mentor intern with assigned project.
- Follow the standard software development procedures. Write clean code with clear documentation.
- Publish reports and peer-review publications summarizing research findings. Present results at program meetings and scientific conferences.
- Promote the Company’s reputation in the professional and academic community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A PhD in data science, applied mathematics, statistics or a related discipline (computer science, physics…etc) with an excellent knowledge of the main modern data science and machine learning techniques, and more specifically reinforcement learning techniques
- At least 3 years of experience in research and/or in industry
- Strong expertise, interest, and track record of performing cutting-edge research in AI
- Strong experience in Reinforcement Learning and optimization
- Significant experience and advanced knowledge of data science main programming languages such as R, Python, Scikit Learn, Keras, TensorFlow or another equivalent deep learning framework.
- Significant research creativity and impact demonstrated through an excellent publication track record
- Fluent English required