Junior Fellows in Artificial Intelligence
21 Novembre 2022
Catégorie : Enseignant-chercheur
Université Côte d'Azur carries the Interdisciplinary Institute of Artificial Intelligence 3IA Côte d'Azur, in collaboration with INRIA, CNRS, INSERM, Eurecom and Skema Business School. 3IA Côte d'Azur is one of the four “Interdisciplinary Institutes of Artificial Intelligence” created in France in 2019. Its ambition is to create an innovative ecosystem, influential at local, national and international levels, and a focal point of excellence for research, education and the world of AI. Its main objective is to make AI expertise, algorithms, and tools available to academics, businesses, and the community, in order to have a significant impact in terms of economic value but also in public everyday life.
The Institut 3IA Côte d’Azur was recently laureate with the EFELIAproject of an important grant from the French Government (Program “Compétences et Métiers d’Avenir”). EFELIA stands for "Ecole Française de l'IA" and aims at dramatically expanding the scale of AI education in France. The main action points are (i) the creation of pilot training courses targeted at all disciplines, (ii) the creation of educational content (MOOCs, SPOCs) that can be made available to all French higher education institutions, (iii) the labeling of national training courses in AI, (ii) the setting up and management of computing platforms and challenges for students.
The Institute 3IA Côte d’Azur is currently inviting applications for several positions as “Junior Fellow in Artificial Intelligence”. The persons selected for these positions will have to share their time between a teaching duty of128 hours ETD (equivalent exercise session) per year and aresearch mission in AI within one of the laboratories of Université Côte d´Azur, INRIA, CNRS, INSERM, Eurecom or Skema Business School.
Profile of the candidate
Candidates should have:
- A PhD with a strong component in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning or Statistical Learning (or a planned Ph.D. defense in 2022),
- Research contributions in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Statistical Learning, Deep Learning and application areas such as NLP and Computer Vision.
- Publications in leading international journals (JMLR, PAMI, Statistics & Computing, IEEE Trans. on Multimedia, …) or conferences in AI and its major fields of advancement (NeuRIPS, ICML, AISTATS, IJCAI, CVPR, ICCV, ACM Multimedia, ACL, IEEE IROS, …).
- Demonstrated ability to teach courses in Computer Science, Machine Learning and Deep Learning, Mathematics, Statistics, and to supervise projects/students in Data Science & AI. The successful candidate will teach courses at the graduate and undergraduate levels, and for engineers from companies.
- A research project aligned with one of the research axes of the Institute. We encourage candidates to prepare their research project with one of the chair holders of the Institute (see https://3ia.univ-cotedazur.eu/research) or the head of one of the laboratories of Université Côte d´Azur, INRIA, CNRS, INSERM, Eurecom or Skema Business School.
Applications (in French or in English) should be submitted by email to email@example.com, with reference 3IA/2022/EfeliaFellows as subject, as soon as September 1st, 2022 but not later than Decembre 15th, 2022 in order to be fully considered. The recruitment process will be done on the flyand will then continue until all the positions are filled.
Documents to include:
- Curriculum vitae with a detailed list of publications
- A statement of research and a statement for teaching teaching (2-4 pages in total), In the teaching statement, the candidate should expose their vision of what teaching AI outside the fields of computer science and mathematics should encompass, and possible directions to design corresponding teaching materials.
- A research project detailing the link with the research axes of the Institute
- Names and email addresses of three or more individuals willing to provide letters of reference.
Gross salary up to 3200€/month, depending on experience.
- Charles Bouveyron, Director of the Institute: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lucile Sassatelli, Scientific Director:email@example.com
- Vincent Vandewalle, Deputy Scientific Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aurélie Delort, coordinator of Education program: email@example.com