PhD Scholarship offer (Thèse CIFRE) automatic detection and monitoring of atelectasis symptoms by analyzing different data acquired using different sensors.
10 Mai 2023
Catégorie : Doctorant
PhD Scholarship offer (Thèse CIFRE)
1. Context and Objectives of the PhD thesis:
Atelectasis is a condition in which the lungs do not expand fully during inhalation, resulting in reduced oxygenation of the blood. It occurs when the air sacs, known as alveoli, in the lungs deflate or collapse, either partially or completely. This can be caused by a blockage of the airways, such as mucus or a foreign object, or by pressure on the lung, such as from a tumor or fluid buildup. Atelectasis can also be a complication of surgery, particularly when the patient is under general anesthesia and not taking deep breaths. Symptoms may include shortness of breath, cough, chest pain, and low oxygen levels. Treatment typically involves addressing the underlying cause and using techniques such as deep breathing exercises, chest physiotherapy, and/or oxygen therapy.
PhD thesis objectives: The project aims to develop innovative artificial intelligence-based approaches for the automatic detection and monitoring of atelectasis symptoms by analyzing different data acquired using different sensors.
Context of the PhD: This PhD is an industrial PhD (Thèse CIFRE) in collaboration and co-supervision between two universities in France: Université Paris-Est Créteil and Université Polytechnique Hauts-De-France. The host company is SAMDOC (https://www.samdoc.io/) . Samdoc is interested in digital clinical observation, a key player in healthcare innovation. Samdoc provides a new generation of health data thanks to its SMTS (Smart Metrics Tracking System) technology: a unique system for capturing and monitoring a patient's clinical observation parameters remotely, continuously and in real time. The PhD candidate will be also co-supervised by clinicians from SAMDOC.
2. General requirements:
● The candidate must be an M2 Master student or in 5th year of an engineering school.
● Has done M1 in computer science, applied mathematics or electrical engineering, with a focus on machine learning.
● Experience in Deep learning and data analysis.
● Experience in signal and image processing.
● Demonstrated record of high-performance programming skills in python.
● Demonstrated analytical, verbal, and scientific writing skills in English.
● Self-motivated graduate to pursue a scientific career. Independent and passionate about data processing projects;
● Excellent scientific/technical writing skills and communication capability;
● Prior advanced experience in working with data analysis projects.
Specific technical requirements:
● Excellent experience, knowledge, and skills in programming languages, particularly python and its libraries keras and PyTorch;
● Excellent knowledge and skills in digital image and signal processing + previous Video analysis experience is a big plus for acceptance
● Deep understanding of AI learning, machine learning and data science with hand-on skill and experience. Advanced understanding and experiences on deep learning
● Skills for numerical computational algorithms; Strong in mathematics theories.
● Rigid and logical thinking of scientific problems;
● Having scientific publications is a plus !!
3 years starting Autumn 2023
Please send your CV + cover letter + transcripts (relevés de notes) + list of publications + recommendation letters to Alice.email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
email@example.com (before June, 2023).
N.B. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified + This PhD position can lead to a postdoc or research engineer position.